Non-profit organizations that may be able to provide rental assistance

Please note that accepting third-party payments will not create a tenancy, as long as you have an agreement with the third party. We have the downloadable form prepared here.

Chronicle Season of Sharing Fund
The Chronicle Season of Sharing Fund provides temporary assistance to help people throughout the Bay Area.

County Coordinators:

Alameda County: 510-272-3700
San Francisco County: 415-557-6484
Contra Costra County: 925-521-5065
Marin County: 415-526-7500
Napa County: 707-299-1890
San Mateo County: 650-738-7470
Santa Clara County: 408-755-7710
Solano County: 707-745-0900
Sonoma County: Call 211

Catholic Charities
Assisting with missed rent and back rent.
San Francisco: 415-972-1200
Alameda County: 510-768-3100

The Q Foundation
Providing one time assistance for San Franciso residents paying 70% or more of their income toward rent. Applicant must be a senior, disabled and/or be HIV+.

Eviction Defense Collaborative
Providing interest-free loans and grants to San Francisco residents (excluding Housing Authority tenants) who have fallen behind in rent due to a temporary financial setback and who have sufficient income to pay future rent and expenses and plan to reside in the unit for at least six months.

St. Anthony's Foundation
Offering a variety of services, including housing assistance through its social work arm.

This list is not exhaustive. 

You may also dial 211 to be connected with United Way for referrals to other organizations in your area that can help.